top of page
  • Writer's pictureRebecca Bright

Where do I go for an AAC assessment in the UK?

There are both specialised and local NHS services that provide AAC assessments in the UK. Communication Matters have a list of the specialist services that are funded by NHS England to provide people with complex communication and/or access needs with services to be assessed and reviewed and which will also provide relevant equipment and training. The local services based in the community, local authorities and health services can provide assessment and support related to AAC and include speech and language therapists who have specialist AAC skills. There are also independent services available to provide assessments outside of the NHS or local authority. More information is available on the Communication Matters website:

47 views0 comments


TB L.png
bottom of page